M Matheny, Samuel Schlachter, LM Crouse, ET Kimmel, Trilce Estrada, Marcel Schumann, R Armen, G Zoppetti, M Taufer. ExSciTecH: expanding volunteer computing to explore science, technology, and health. In IEEE 8th International Conference on E-Science. 2012.
- Ph.D in Computing: Data Science, University of Utah, 2014-2019 (expected August)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Minor Mathematics, University of Delaware, 2010-2014
- 2015 to Present: Research Assistant for Dr. Jeff Phillips.
- Research on Spatial Scan Statistics and related problems.
- Fall 2014: Research Assistant
- Worked on a project related to AMGX and the Uintah framework.
- January 2016 to December 2016: Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Level Classes in Advanced Algorithms and Data Mining.
- Summer 2015: Graduate Research at Sandia National Laboratory
- Worked on various government projects related to data mining problems.
- Summer 2013: Graduate Research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Integrated the ADIOS I/O library into an existing application, QMCPack, to improve write/read performance on Titan and other super computers.
- Summer 2011 to May 2014: Research Assistant for Dr. Michela Taufer.
- Research into performance tuning and modeling of the ADIOS I/O library on systems with heavy filesystem contention.
- Wrote software that integrated learning games into the pre-existing volunteer computing project, Docking@Home.
- Languages: Python, C/C++, Matlab, Java, Haskell
- Parallel Programming: OpenCL, Cuda, MPI, OpenMP
M Matheny, S Herbein, M Wezowicz, J Krogel, J Logan, J Kim, S Klasky, M Taufer. Performance impact of I/O on QMCPack simulations at the petascale and beyond. In IEEE 16th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering. 2013
Using surrogate-based modeling to predict optimal I/O parameters of applications at the extreme scale
M Matheny, S Herbein, N Podhorszki, S Klasky, M Taufer. Performance impact of I/O on QMCPack simulations at the petascale and beyond. In 20th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2014
Michael Matheny, Raghvendra Singh, Liang Zhang, Kaiqiang Wang, Jeff M. Phillips. Scalable Spatial Scan Statistics through Sampling. In Proceedings of the 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems. 2016
Michael Matheny and Jeff M. Phillips. Practical low-dimensional halfspace range space sampling. In European Symposium on Algorithms (arXiv:1804.11307), 2018.
Michael Matheny and Jeff M. Phillips. Computing Approximate Statistical Discrepancy. In 29th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (arXiv:1804.11307), 2018.
Michael Matheny, Dong Xie, and Jeff M. Phillips. Scalable Spatial Scan Statistics for Trajectories. In Submission(arxiv:1906.01693), 2019.
Mingxuan Han, Michael Matheny, and Jeff M. Phillips. The Kernel Scan Statistic. In Submission(arxiv:1906.09381), 2019.